Abby nominated me for this award! Thank you so much! Seriously, guys, go follow her blog – she’s awesome.
• Write a post displaying your award.
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
• Tell the story of how your blog started.
• Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
• Nominate other bloggers for the award.
• Let the nominees know that you have nominated them.
How did your blog start?
Really, it was because I was doing a ton of writing and I wanted to share that journey – as well as what I learned along the way. However, my earlier posts would make me cringe and probably cry now, so . . . yeah.
Your advice for new bloggers?
- Don’t quit, even if you start only by writing to yourself. It takes an enormous amount of time (and dedicated, repeated posting) to build up a following. But it is worth it.
- Get into the community. The blogging community (especially for writers) is often open, authentic, and friendly. Get involved. It won’t just help you bring followers to your blog, it will make the experience more fun and rewarding. And if your an author, there’s the added bonus of promoting your book . . .
(Sorry, I don’t know who has and has not been tagged for this already.)