I did just do a blog tag, but that one was voluntary, and for the Liebster Award, I was nominated. Thank you, Anna, so much! You all have got to check out her blog – it’s really cool.
So, like all tags, there are rules. 🙂
- Link to Global Aussie’s Award blog post. Comment with a link to your Award post. And put the official Liebster Award stamp on your blog.
- Acknowledge and link to the blogger who nominated you. (Done!)
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers and spread the ‘new blogger’ love.
- Ask them 11 fun questions of your own.
- Let them know on their blogs that you have nominated them.
- Write a paragraph about what makes you passionate about blogging
- List ten random facts about yourself
And here we go . . .
Why did you start blogging?
Anna, I just love this question. 🙂 So, I started blogging basically because I was planning to publish something someday, and I wanted to have a following before I published. But it’s become a lot more than that. I’ve found more and more blogs of more and more young Christian writers, I’ve networked with them, and I feel like I’ve made some friends I’ll never meet in person. It’s been very rewarding.
What is your favorite genre to write?
Oh, boy. I like a lot of genres. Historical fiction rules my short stories. But often in longer works I write fantasy. Presently, I’m trying to get into more of a contemporary genre.
What is your least favorite genre to write?
Horror. I don’t write horror. It sickens me. Yuck.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
Hmm . . . I really don’t think about pet peeves. When they show up, I forget about them later. And now I’ve spent three minutes trying to think of something . . .
Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
Oh, my, am I glad you asked! 🙂 So, we have lots of pets. Two dogs – one adult Great Pyrenees named Izzy, and one Goldendoodle puppy named Phoenix. Three cats – Lentil, Sam, and Cider, in order of oldest to youngest. Then there’s Yarrow, the mother of each of the cats, who is technically not ours because she was feral and still lives outside only because she flat out refuses to come inside for more than mere seconds. They all get along so well! Izzy is like their surrogate mother. While she tolerates Phoenix and allows her to yank on her fur, she secretly loves the cats. Seriously.
Then, we used to have goats. 😦 You can read that story here.
Marvel or DC?
Um, what’s that? Those are movies, right? Neither. I really don’t know what they are.
Where do you get your best inspiration to write?
Life! From things I hear, see, smell, read. Anything can inspire me to write. Recently, I had an idea for a story which was pieced together in two places – seeing a service dog with his handler, and seeing a similar dog on the cover of a book. See? Anything.
How do you get over writer’s block?
Me? Writer’s block? *snickers* Never!
I either write through it, or I wait it out. That’s about it. Sometimes, I have to take a break. Other times, it’s just better to write through it, then go back and edit later. Outlining is also a benefit, or talking the story out with a friend.
What’s your current WIP?
Which one? Actually, there is one that I haven’t mentioned on the blog yet, so I’ll give you a hint for this question – I might have a story with an editor right now.
*cue dramatic, epic build-up of music*
Yep! No further details till a later date. My lips are sealed.
Android or Apple?
*quiet laughter* I don’t have a cell phone. Nor do I want one. That’s just me.
What’s the most words you have written in one day?
A little less than 4,000, I think, during NaNoWriMo last year. That was fun. 🙂
Since those two rules at the bottom were optional, and I kind of did the first one, I’ll list five random facts. Me: loves dogs, loves cats even better, wants to train service dogs, is a Lord of the Rings fan for life, dislikes eating sugar because it’s bad for you but finds sugar a hard habit to break. Don’t we all? 🙂
And there you have it! Now, I’m going to list my 11 questions, then the nominations.
- Why did you start blogging? (I just had to share that one, Anna – thanks!)
- What is your favorite blogging memory?
- What is your favorite writing memory?
- If you could have any breed of cat or dog (or snake, or hamster, or horse, or whatever), what would it be?
- What is your favorite memory of a pet or pets?
- What is the one book everyone in the world should read?
- Do you like rain?
- Cauliflower or broccoli?
- What is the longest book you’ve read?
- What is the longest book or story you’ve written?
- What do you consider your biggest passion or cause in life?
And . . . *drum roll* . . . nominations!
Wow! I got all 11. Have fun, you guys!
So let’s chat. How do you conquer writer’s block? Do you enjoy blog tags? What do you consider your greatest cause in life? Let’s chat in the comments!