Come in and know me better as the Ghost of Christmas Present spoke in A Christmas Carol in this big, booming voice. 🙂
Yeah, I’m a big fan of that story.
Anyway, we’re doing something just for fun today. The blue sky tag has been floating about from blog to blog, so here’s one more to have a go at it. My thanks to Kate for doing this tag, as her post was the first time I saw it. You’ve got to check out her blog.
- IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Telepathy. Not that I would seriously want to read everyone’s mind, but it would sure make some things a lot easier. But, on the other hand, I can foresee problems. Like, what if you’re talking to someone and they suddenly think of something crazy humorous – or maybe really bad, but funny – and you burst out laughing. That would be . . . problematic.
Fine, fine. Can I have the ability to manipulate emotions, then? (Read the Michael Vey Series if you have no idea what I’m talking about. Actually, read the Michael Vey Series anyway.)
2. WHAT SORTS OF THINGS MAKE YOU LAUGH?
Too many. I can seriously start laughing when I shouldn’t. Maybe that’s why I shouldn’t be a telepath. 🙂
3. IF YOU HAD TO LIVE IN A TIME PERIOD DIFFERENT THAN THE PRESENT, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHERE?
Seriously? Seriously? I’d like to visit many time periods, but to live in a different one is a different story altogether. Eighteen-century America, folks, is for me.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE INSTRUMENT?
Umm . . .
Piano? Violin? Ocarina? I have a ton of favorite instruments. Electric guitar? Harp? I’ll settle on violin. Or maybe the piano . . .
5. HOW WOULD YOU REACT IF SOMEBODY REPLIED WITH “K”?
Jane Maree, your answer to this question was so fabulous, I had to use it. Thanks. 🙂
6. IF YOU WERE STUCK ON A DESERTED ISLAND AND YOU COULD ONLY BRING ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
A fishing pole. Gotta eat, right?
7. IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN BEING A NINJA OR A SUPERHERO, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU PICK?
Superhero. Duh. Stalk in the dark or save the world? Of course, the whole “superhero saves the world” thing is a little twisted around. Save the world according to whose standards? Depends on what you’re saving the world from.
8. IF YOU COULD HAVE DINNER WITH ANY THREE PEOPLE, DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD THEY BE?
Oh, dear. Dangerous territory. I’m playing it safe and going with fictional people.
Gandalf (Lord of the Rings), Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit), and – non-fictional but not living – Charles Dickens. Totally serious. Weirdest dinner in history.
9. IS THERE A HOBBY/SKILL YOU’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY BUT NEVER DID?
Acting. But I suppose that manifests itself in writing.
10. WHAT’S THE WORST (OR BEST, DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT) PUN YOU CAN THINK OF?
Setting: Church youth group.
Friend says: “I can’t remember putting the ice cream away. Did I?”
Me says: “Brain freeze.”
I know. Lame.
11. THINK OF A PERSON. WHAT SONG DO YOU ASSOCIATE WITH THEM?
Ah. My dad. The song Run Wild by For King and Country.
Now, if you have a, ever wished for a superpower or b, ever wished you could have dinner with at least one fictional person, consider yourself tagged for the Blue Sky Tag. Leave a link in the comments so I can check out your blog post!
And by the way, as I’m writing this, I’ve been visited three times by the cats. One of them stepped on the keyboard a couple times, so if I missed a typo, it’s his fault. Ha, ha. 🙂